The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on Canada's most vulnerable populations as well as the communities and programs that support them.
At a time when every dollar counts, the CMA Foundation is giving $10 million to help community recovery and stabilization efforts that will support our country’s most vulnerable.
The Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM), who represent 90 per cent of all Canadians, will help the Foundation deliver funding directly to municipalities, to help support the needs of homeless and vulnerable populations within their communities. These needs include:
- Dedicated spaces to ensure physical distancing or isolation.
- Medical and support services for people experiencing mental health and substance use challenges.
- Resources for community food programs.
- Personal protective equipment for community support workers.
- Other measures to build community resiliency and support a sustainable recovery.